Reading Informational Texts - Book III - 30 Books and Teacher's Edition
Nonfiction Passages and Exercises Based on the Common Core State Standards
Intended for Grade 11.
This Class Set Includes 30 Student Books and 1 Teacher's Edition.
Reading Informational Texts adds challenging nonfiction passages to your curriculum, helping you meet the Common Core State Standards.
Informational texts can be difficult to find and teach — even for seasoned teachers — but the annotated passages in Reading Informational Texts help teachers and students alike by revealing rhetorical techniques, explaining historical context, and clarifying logical arguments.
Your students get the information they need, and you save countless hours of prep time.
The Teacher's Edition includes approximately 20 pages of additional front matter on teaching informational texts, including information on qualitative and quantitative measures of text complexity.
Texts in Book III:
- Henry David Thoreau: Walden, Chapter I ("Economy")
- Jonathan Edwards: "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"
- Popular Science Monthly: "Annihilation Bomb—Friend or Foe? A Statement by the Editors of Popular Science Monthly
- James Madison: United States Bill of Rights
- US Supreme Court: Unanimous Opinion in the Case of Brown v. Board of Education
Click here for more information about the Reading Informational Texts series.