Reading Informational Texts - Book IV - 30 Books and Teacher's Edition
Nonfiction Passages and Exercises Based on the Common Core State Standards
Intended for Grade 12.
This Class Set Includes 30 Student Books and 1 Teacher's Edition.
Reading Informational Texts adds challenging nonfiction passages to your curriculum, helping you meet the Common Core State Standards.
Informational texts can be difficult to find and teach — even for seasoned teachers — but the annotated passages in Reading Informational Texts help teachers and students alike by revealing rhetorical techniques, explaining historical context, and clarifying logical arguments.
Your students get the information they need, and you save countless hours of prep time.
The Teacher's Edition includes approximately 20 pages of additional front matter on teaching informational texts, including information on qualitative and quantitative measures of text complexity.
Texts in Book IV:
- Sun Tzu: The Art of War, Parts I–VII
- G.K. Chesterton: "The Fallacy of Success"
- Mary Wollstonecraft: A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, Chapter I ("The Rights and Duties of Involved Mankind Considered")
- H.L. Mencken: The American Language, Chapter I ("The Diverging Streams of English")
- Justice John Marshall Harlan: Dissenting Opinion in the Case of Plessy v. Ferguson
Click here for more information about the Reading Informational Texts series.