Reading Literature - Level 9 - 30 Books and Teacher's Edition
Fiction, Poetry, and Exercises Based on the Common Core State Standards
||Moliken, Paul (ed.)
Teach your 9th-grade students how to analyze and appreciate literary fiction with Reading Literature Level 9.
This book contains 7 short stories and 5 poems, all of which are annotated with important information to help students understand the texts.
Multiple short-answer questions for each story and poem require students to analyze literary elements like figurative language, structure, and tone and help them explain the effects of these elements on the meaning of the work as a whole.
Every question helps your students achieve the high levels of reading proficiency the Common Core State Standards demand, and the questions in the Teacher's Edition are labeled with the Standards they meet.
Texts in Reading Literature Level 9:
- The Open Window by Saki
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
- The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County by Mark Twain
- The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky by Stephen Crane
- The Luck of Roaring Camp by Bret Harte
- The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs
- Sonnet 73 by William Shakespeare
- Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
- We grow accustomed to the Dark by Emily Dickinson
- Song by John Donne
The item on this page is a package of 30 copies of the Student Edition and one Teacher's Edition.