The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, depicts the downside of the American dream.
The Teaching Unit for The Great Gatsby gives you a comprehensive academic framework that saves you hours of prep work.
You can rely on this well-researched unit as a strong base for your lesson plan — it was written by one of our seasoned educators with your needs in mind.
Every Teaching Unit contains:
- A list of academic objectives your students will meet
- Questions for essay and discussion
- A list of literary terms used in the book, with definitions
- A test consisting of multiple-choice questions and free-response essay writing prompts
- A chapter-by-chapter study guide consisting of vocabulary and questions about the book's plot, characters, literary techniques, and more
- Answer keys for the multiple-choice test and study-guide questions
Teaching Units are best used to teach students who are on grade level or in College Prep classes.
This item is the downloadable version of the Teaching Unit.
For the printed version, click here.
For the 30-books + Teaching Unit class set, click here.
For more information about Teaching Units, including sample pages, click here.