Reading Informational Texts - Book II - 30 Books and Teacher's Edition
Nonfiction Passages and Exercises Based on the Common Core State Standards
Intended for Grade 10.
This Class Set Includes 30 Student Books and 1 Teacher's Edition.
Reading Informational Texts adds challenging nonfiction passages to your curriculum, helping you meet the Common Core State Standards.
Informational texts can be difficult to find and teach — even for seasoned teachers — but the annotated passages in Reading Informational Texts help teachers and students alike by revealing rhetorical techniques, explaining historical context, and clarifying logical arguments.
Your students get the information they need, and you save countless hours of prep time.
The Teacher's Edition includes approximately 20 pages of additional front matter on teaching informational texts, including information on qualitative and quantitative measures of text complexity.
Texts in Book II:
- Mark Twain: "Taming the Bicycle"
- Barack Obama: 2009 Inaugural Address
- Abraham Lincoln: The Gettysburg Address
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: 1941 State of the Union Address ("Four Freedoms Speech")
- US Supreme Court: Majority Opinion in the Case of Gideon v. Wainwright
Click here for more information about the Reading Informational Texts series.